||Submersible skimmer pump with powerful Hy-Drive technology
||Upright design allows convenient placement in pond skimmer
||Magnetic/Direct Drive hybrid pond pump delivers reliable performance
Innovative pump design ensures powerful performance even in tight spaces. Pondmaster ProLine HY-Drive Skimmer Pump employs hybrid technology that combines the power of direct drive pumps and the energy efficiency and safety of magnetic drive pumps. Unique upright design utilizes a rigid pre-filter to minimize pump footprint while protecting the pump from debris damage. Adjustable swivel pre-filter and included fitting allow convenient plumbing.
The Pondmaster ProLine HY-Drive Skimmer Pump is designed to fit most pond skimmer filters while delivering reliable performance. Continuous duty pump moves large volumes of water silently and efficiently through filtration systems or to a waterfall, stream or fountain. High-efficiency vortex impeller and ceramic impeller shaft and bearings provide energy savings while maintaining high output. Includes Pump Bag for extra pump protection.
- Powerful, efficient hybrid Magnetic/Direct Drive motor
- Silent and efficient operation
- Specifically designed for use inside pond skimmers or pump vaults
- Fish-safe because no oil is used
- Continuous duty operation
- Self-resetting thermal overload switch
- Removable rotor assembly
- Ceramic bearings and shaft
- Vortex impeller
- Rigid pre-filter stabilizes pump
- 18 ft power cord with grounded plug
- Convenient carry handle
||6" x 4-1/2"x 13" high
||5-1/2" x 5-1/2"x 14" high
||5-1/2" x 5-1/2"x 14" high
Pump must be used either partially or completely immersed in a skimmer or pump vault.
For all Installations:
Make certain that all electrical connections have a GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupter) installed. Always use Teflon tape on hose fittings to aid in future disassembly. Protect the intake from leaves and other debris getting drawn into the impeller by placing the Pump Bag around the pump before placing the pump into a skimmer or pump vault. Cut off any extra sections of the Stepped Bar Connector to prevent flow rate reduction.
Maintenance and Cleaning:
This pump does not require any lubrication or special maintenance. Periodically cleaning the impeller will maintain pump performance and extend pump life.
- Disconnect pump from power supply completely.
- Remove hoses and bring pump to clear work area.
- Rotate Intake Pre-filter counter clockwise, remove and set aside.
- Remove four screws to detach Motor from Motor Cover.
- Pull the impeller Assembly out from the chamber.
- Clean impeller, chamber and pre-filter with fresh water only. Never use any solvent. If lime scale is present, a solution of one part white vinegar to ten parts water can be used to soak and soften the scale for removal. Rinse clean with clean water.
- Reverse steps to reassemble. If Rubber Seal becomes dislodged, make sure it is clean and place it back into the recess in the Motor Cover before inserting impeller assembly back into motor.
Winterization and Storage
If pump is used outdoors in areas with harsh winters, it should be removed from shallow water that may freeze. Either place into deep water or if removed, it must be cleaned with plain water and dried before being put into storage. If pump will be turned off for a long periods of time and left under the water in non-freezing areas, debris may accumulate inside the pump. Before reinstallation, flush pump with clean water. It may be necessary to perform impeller maintenance as well as thoroughly clean the impeller and chamber.
The Pondmaster ProLine Hy-Drive Skimmer Pump is a continuous duty pump designed for use inside pond skimmer to move large volumes of water silently and efficiently through filtration systems or to a waterfall, stream or fountain. It incorporates a high-efficiency vortex impeller in conjunction with a ceramic impeller shaft and bearings to provide energy savings while maintaining high output.
This pump must be used partially or fully submersed inside a pond skimmer. Never run this pump dry.
Rotor assembly is removable for simple cleaning maintenance. The unique design reduces the frequency of pump cleaning while maintaining optimum water flow. Overload protection is built-in by means of a self-resetting thermal overload switch.