Amazing circulation pump with built-in ultraviolet clarifier saves you time and money. TotalPond® Submersible Pump with UV does the job of two essential pond products for the price of one! Innovative two-in-one design reduces time spent selecting compatible components as well as shaving off plumbing and setup time. Patented design integrates a state-of-the-art 6 watt "cold cathode" UV tube directly inside the pump. In other words, pond water is exposed to cleansing UV light as it passes through the circulation pump!
TotalPond Submersible Pump with UV maximizes clarifying power by perfectly "tuning" UV exposure of water flowing through the UV chamber. The result is enhanced pond clarity and water quality for a healthy pond environment. Versatile pump features a flow control valve to adjust output to suit your needs. Waterfall Pump delivers greater flow rate making it a great choice for creating dramatic waterfalls up to 10 ft high. Includes Pumpshield pump bag for extra pump protection from debris. 16 ft cord.
||12-1/2" x 4"
x 6-1/2" high
TotalPond Submersible Pump with UV Waterfall Pump Manual PDF
(Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or later -
get it here for free)
- Connect the adapter to the pump by inserting into the pump discharge and twisting clockwise. Then connect tubing to the adapter.
- Route the power cord through the handle on the top of the pump.
- Place the pump inside the Pumpshield pump bag. Pull the drawstring until the Pumpshield is fully closed around the tubing and power cord. Tie a knot in the drawstring.
- Place the pump into the water and connect to a proper power source.
- Note the indicator light on the back of the pump. This light indicates whether or not the UV light is on or off.
In order to ensure optimal operation of the UV pump, the following procedures should be performed periodically. When the performance of the pump is reduced, it is an indication that cleaning of the unit is needed.
- Unplug pump and remove unit from pond.
- Untie the drawstring on the Pumpshield pump bag and then remove the pump from the bag. Clean the Pumpshield and then place the pump back inside the Pumpshield pump bag. Test the pump. Note: If the pump performance is still unsatisfactory, unplug the pump and proceed to Step 3.
- Remove the front cover from the pump.
- Remove the Impeller Cover to expose the Impeller Assembly. Remove the Impeller Assembly by gently pulling on the Impeller Blades. Use a soft cloth or brush to clean the Impeller Assembly and inside of the Impeller Housing.
- Remove the Locking Screw that is located on the bottom of the pump.
- Remove rear cover by gently pressing on the sides and pulling it away from the pump.
- Remove the Light Cover from the pump by turning it counterclockwise and pulling it away from the pump.
Note: In the unlikely event the UV bulb needs replacing, remove the glass tube by turning on the Glass Tube Assembly clockwise and pulling away from the Lamp Base. Gently pull the bulb straight apart from the Bulb Socket and install the replacement bulb in reverse order.
- Clean the exterior of the UV glass with warm soapy water.
- Reassemble all of the components.
Care and Maintenance
- Clean the pump regularly depending upon the environment in which it is operated. Clean the pump when it is visibly soiled or when a drop in performance is detected.
- Before cleaning, always disconnect the pump from the power source.
- Remove and clean all parts of the pump.
- Remove any large debris from Pumpshield pump bag. Use a garden hose to rinse off any other dirt from the pump bag.